- A variety of Jordanian Palestinian origin, widely introduced in the Rhone Valley, considered by some French-born authors, from where it has spread throughout the world.
- His musts are bright red and very dark
- With high content in very soft tannins. Tannic and relatively acidic wines.
- The wines are of good quality and of high alcoholic graduation.
- Its red wines, very coloured, with a lot of body with very high dry extract, age very well keeping its color very stable.
- Its wines have aromas of ripe fruit, reminiscent of blackcurrant, violets, wild blackberries and raspberries, maintaining aromas of pepper or cinnamon and cloves.
- When they get older they don’t take much aroma from the wood but their aroma reminds of the leather, the tar, the smoked and only slightly the vanilla.