– The macabeo is a versatile variety. Depending on the growing conditions, it allows obtaining dry, sparkling white wines and even natural sweet wines.
– The dry and sparkling wines are light, pleasant, balanced in acidity and sugar and pale in color. In warm zones and conditions its acidity decreases.
– The wines have a low concentration of potassium, with medium levels of tartaric acid and malic acid.
– The macabeo is a variety in which the floral and fruit aromas predominate expressing an average aromatic intensity.
– Sometimes its aromatic charge is enhanced in a mixture with other varieties.
– Macabeo wines have a low level of oxidases, so they are very suitable for fermentation and traditional aging in casks.